Srfnff

Srfnff
January 9, 2012 Photo: J. Chandler

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Three Days and Counting

I suppose there's always something of a good news bad news scenario. What's good for some, may not always be good for others. Some need rain, some don't. And on it goes.

There is a wind drought on Maui. This was supposed to be a downwinder vacation. But then the wind stopped.

I was fortunate enough to get a couple downwinders in upon my arrival. But since then, nada, zilch, nothing. But now the good news.

My wife and best friend Mariposa has parlayed this unique opportunity to learn how to SUP. Without wind it's calm just about everywhere, just about all the time, offering the perfect conditions for flat water paddling, even in the nearshore to more open ocean expanses. She loves it. Genuinely I am stoked.

She has turned into, what I call, a SUP "monster". Every day now, for the last three days, without fail, we go paddling. Who am I to argue with such passion? We will paddle. We're even talking about extending for a week. Who am I to argue?

And so we have now come full circle in our paddling history. I learned how to SUP on Oahu 2007, she learned how to SUP on Maui in 2013. The bond is forever set. We are man and wife and now, more deeply, SUP brother and sister. May the force be with us.....or something.

The full video series will be forth coming upon my return to the mainland.

No comments:

Post a Comment